Based in Exeter
Probate & Estate Administration
Helping you through the probate process
The death of a family member is always a delicate time, so when it comes to administering the estate, we know that you need a service that’s not only efficient, but transparent and uncomplicated.
Simpkins Edwards are fully licensed for all aspects of probate service, including the application for probate itself. Our specialist team can support you through the entire process with confidence and clarity, regardless of whether you or the deceased have had a preexisting relationship with us.
Our probate service includes:
- Notifying organisations of the death
- Valuation of assets and liabilities
- Preparation of tax returns to the date of death and during the administration period
- Preparation of final business accounts and business valuations
- Preparation of inheritance tax account and returns
- Preparation of estate accounts
- Advising on potential tax reliefs or ways to mitigate tax liabilities
- Assisting with payment of liabilities
- Assisting beneficiaries and trustees with reporting requirements
For more information on how our probate can help you, get in touch.